Of all the types of boats a person can choose from, aluminum boats are one of the most popular. For one thing, aluminum is strong, making it a desirable vessel material. Another plus is that you will not need much aluminum boat repair in Texas when you take care of it during both the boating season and the offseason. So, what are the advantages of owning an aluminum boat? Let’s take a look:
- It’s strong: When it comes to boat building, it would be wise for you to use aluminum, or at least use it for parts of the boat for reinforcement. Aluminum is strong, yet allows flexibility for boat construction, especially boat hulls. On the water, a boat hull made of aluminum can take a pretty hard beating like no other boat material could. Aluminum also has a lower risk of getting punctured during a collision.
- It’s lightweight: Right off the bat, aluminum is a very lightweight yet strong material. In fact, it weighs a third of what steel weighs, which means the hull can easily weigh up to 50 percent less. Lightweight aluminum boat hulls are in a league of their own. For example, they perform better on the water, offer a more shallow draft and use less fuel.
- It doesn’t rust: Did you know that aluminum does not rust? Aluminum’s high resistance to corrosion means aluminum boat hulls are relatively safe from structural fatigue that could otherwise put a vessel out of commission.
- It’s safe: Not only are aluminum boats strong and lightweight, but they are also considered safe vessels. For instance, you can safely take it out on the lake for a day of fishing or motor it across the open sea. What makes it even more appealing is that it cannot catch fire or corrode. These types of metal boats are built tough and labeled as dependable, making them all the more desirable to potential boat buyers.
- It’s affordable to repair: Although aluminum is strong, there may be times when it sustains some damage. The side of the boat might get dented against a rock, or the bottom could get gouged while being loaded onto a trailer. Luckily for you, aluminum boat repair in Texas is pretty affordable when compared to other boat materials, like fiberglass and wood. In addition to low-cost fixes, aluminum boat damage is fairly easy for professionals to repair.
- It holds its value: Because aluminum boats have a long life, they do a good job at holding their value. This means your boat’s resale value is likely to be close to what you initially paid for it. Sustainability also needs to be counted into its resale value, as the entire aluminum structure does not wear out over time, and nor does the material deteriorate.
Now that you know a little more about the advantages of owning an aluminum boat, it may be time to look into a new boat purchase. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at Northwest Fiberglass Inc. with any questions or to schedule an appointment for aluminum boat repair in Texas!
Categorised in: Aluminum Boat Repair
This post was written by Writer